Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fears

I am absolutely beyond terrified of being old. Every day I am so grateful that I am young and whole, and I can run and jump and swim. There is never a day that goes by that I don't feel grateful for this. At the same time, my heart stops when I just think of the possibility of becoming old and medicine-dependent. However, I think I'll age better than others. All four of my grandparents are alive, and for the most part they are up and moving. Especially my mother's parents...my Mommom is a lover of water slides. Still, I am terrified to think that one day I will be incapable of doing everything I love, and knowing that this day may be my last, and having no more fun times. This scares me more than anything.
My second greatest fear is being alone. Not like alone with my friends not talking to me, I mean like really alone. Having all my relatives or friends being dead, or too far away. Waking up every morning knowing that there is no one really who cares if I live another day. That scared me to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment